We all know the story of the 4th of July. It’s a time-honored tradition to celebrate with barbeques and fireworks alongside family and friends. But what about the July holidays you don’t hear as much about (like National Wine and Cheese Day)? Today, we wanted to highlight those holidays by giving you some local Arlington businesses that can help you celebrate.
July 16: National Ice Cream Day
- Rita’s Italian Ice: Rita’s Ice has every kind of ice-cream and ice cream equivalent item you could think of. Don’t miss out on celebrating national ice cream day at the best place- Rita’s!
July 19: National Daquiri Day
- One Love Caribbean Restaurant and Lounge: Enjoy a wide variety of rum-based cocktails on National Daquiri Day at One Love Caribbean Lounge. With a great atmosphere and delicious food, One Love is the perfect place to celebrate this holiday.
July 20: National Lollipop Day
- Sugar Bee Sweets Bakery: Sugar Bee is the perfect place to satiate that sweet tooth with a pseudo-lollipop treat. They have an amazing cake-pop that comes in a myriad of delicious flavors for your enjoyment on July 20!
July 21: National Junk Food Day
- Gilligan’s Bar and Grill: With food this fresh and delicious, I don’t think it can be considered “Junk Food”, but J. Gilligan’s has all your favorite traditional bar foods in one place. Our personal favorite is the “Irish Nachos”!
July 23: National Hot Dog Day
- Globe Life Field: Watch the Rangers take on the Dodgers at Globe Life Field on July 23rd while enjoying the perfect baseball game snack, a hot dog. With hot dog stands all over the stadium, there is no shortage of excellent to celebrate National Hot Dog Day at Globe Life Field.
July 23: Gorgeous Grandma Day
- The Sanford House Spa & Salon: We all have a gorgeous Grandma in our lives, whether it’s our grandma, or a close friend, grandmas everywhere deserve to be celebrated. The perfect gift this Gorgeous Grandma Day is a certificate to The Sanford House Spa & Salon, where Grandma can get some much-deserved relaxation.
July 24: National Drive-Thru Day
- Boss Burgerz: Boss Burgerz by Froggie is the perfect place to enjoy National Drive-Thru Day. With two individual drive-thru’s, Boss Burgerz gets you your 100% fresh, quality burger faster than ever before.
July 24: National Tequila Day
- Mariano’s Hacienda: Did you know that the first frozen margarita machine was invented right here in Arlington? What better way to celebrate National Tequila Day than at Mariano’s Hacienda, home of the world’s first frozen margarita machine. Don’t forget to try their world-famous mesquite grilled fajitas while you are there!
July 25: National Wine and Cheese Day
- Chill Coffee and Wine Bar: Enjoy a wide selection of cheeses and a perfectly paired glass of wine at Chill Coffee and Wine Bar. With a variety of small dishes and beverages, there is something for everyone to enjoy this Wine and Cheese Day!
July 28: National Hamburger Day
- Walk-Ons Sports Bistreaux: Walk-Ons has several different unique and delicious hamburgers for you to try this National Hamburger Day. Their hand-pattied burgers include original flavor pairings that will have your mouth watering.
July 29: National Chicken Wing Day
- The Tipsy Oak: Celebrate National Chicken Wing Day the right way at The Tipsy Oak. With plenty of unique flavors, The Tipsy Oak is the perfect place to enjoy a chicken wing (or 9) on July 29.
July 29: National Lipstick Day
- Arlington Highlands Mall: The Arlington Highlands is the perfect place to shop around for a new lipstick. With Ulta Beauty right there and several other makeup and skincare stores, celebrate National Lipstick Day the way it was intended!
July 29: National Lasagna Day
- Piccolo Mondo: Order a delicious slice of Lasagna alla Bolognese at Piccolo Mondo Italian Restaurant here in Arlington. Between their wide selection of wines and pasta, the whole family can savor a trip to Piccolo Mondo this National Lasagna Day.
July 30: National Support Public Education Day
- Arlington Education Foundation: Supporting our local public school is something we all should do year-round. Arlington ISD provides excellent education that prepares students for a lifetime of success. Donate to the Arlington Education Foundation to help get AISD’s outstanding teachers grants.
July 30: National Cheesecake Day
- Blush + Whisk: Blush + Whisk is the perfect place to celebrate National Cheesecake Day. Their famous Cookie NOMster cheesecake is always baked fresh, making it the ideal cheesecake for your July 30.
July 31: National Avocado Day
- Fat Straws Bubble Tea & Mochi Donuts: Now, I know what you’re thinking. How can bubble tea help me celebrate National Avocado Day? Well, Fat Straws has a fantastic Avocado smoothie that includes delicious boba. Kick back, slurp on your smoothie, and enjoy a mochi donut while you are at it!
As you can see, there are plenty of national holidays that deserve our attention this year. From Gorgeous Grandma Day to National Lasagna Day, there’s something for everyone this July! For a full list of Julys Holidays click here, and for our membership directory click here.
Written by Catherine Cunningham