Arlington, Texas, the “American Dream City,” combines the friendliness of small-town living with the comforts of urban life. A thriving and growing community of more than 375,000, it is the third-largest city in North Texas and one of the 50 largest cities in the United States. With excellent city services and a crime rate below the national average, Arlington’s Neighborhood City Service Team (Code Compliance, Fire, Library, Parks and Recreation, and Police) strengthens neighborhoods by providing services which maintain public safety and health, enhance livability, protect property values, and encourage responsible neighbors. The city’s wide variety of housing options include single-family homes, apartments, condos and luxury estates with acreage. Homebuyers in the area have a broad selection of home styles to choose from, with prices ranging from $100,000 to multi-million dollar estates. According to the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M, the median sale price form a home in Arlington is approximately $159,000, with an average listing price of $176,503. Whether you are relocating for work, seeking a better neighborhood for your family or searching for a destination for retirement, Arlington is a great place to call home.
- Viridian is a 2,000-acre master-planned community designed to provide residents the necessities of life for all generations. Convenience of location, outdoor activity, education, social settings and conscious living all played a significant role in the design of Viridian. Viridian sets itself apart from other communities because of its prime urban location, its commitment to sustainability and its green living environment.
- The Downtown Arlington Management Corporation works diligently to develop and promote development opportunities in Downtown Arlington. The private, non-profit community development organization works to forge alliances between property owners, business interests, residents and the City of Arlington to improve and enhance the economic vitality of Downtown Arlington.
- Arlington offers a variety of commercial spaces in prime industrial, business and mixed-use districts. The City of Arlington Community Development and Planning Department and the Arlington Office of Economic Development provide assistance to companies seeking to relocate to the area. For more information on sites, incentive or assistance to companies seeking to relocate to the area. For more information on sites, incentive or assistance, please call 817-459-6155
Arlington is one of the most highly educated cities in Texas, and its residents have access to an impressive array of educational opportunities. With an innovative public education system and more than 20 private and parochial schools to choose from, residents enjoy educational diversity. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Arlington is ranked No. 1 in Texas for the percentage of the adult population with a high school diploma or higher and No. 2 in Texas for the percentage of adults with a bachelor’s degree or higher. Arlington is home to the University of Texas at Arlington, Tarrant County College Southeast Campus, and the Arlington Baptist University.
- The Arlington ISD has a population of approximately 60,000 students – and they are dedicated to every single one of them. With 77 campuses – 6 traditional high schools and the Arlington Collegiate High School at Tarrant County College-Southeast, 5 alternative high schools, 10 junior high schools, 54 elementary schools and 1 pre-kindergarten center – and community-based pre-kindergarten classes in 15 independent childcare centers, the AISD is the 12th largest district in the state. It has more than 8,500 employees, making it the largest employer in Arlington, and the sixth-largest employer in Tarrant County. With a highly engaged faculty and an array of learning opportunities that foster each student’s unique interests and talents, our goal is to have 100 percent of AISD students graduate exceptionally prepared for college, career, and citizenship.
- The Arlington ISD combines the strength of a large school district with innovative approaches and focused support to help students articulate and achieve their dreams. The District prepares students for college by giving them opportunities to participate in the International Baccalaureate World School program. Arlington Collegiate High School and STEM Academy located at Martin High School offers students even more ways to earn college credit, with most ACHS students earning an associate degree before graduating from high school.
- The Arlington ISD also helps students prepare for their careers by providing innovative learning environments and incorporating relevant industry experience. In the fall of 2017, the Arlington ISD Dan Dipert Career and Technical Center (CTC) opened. The CTC is committed to academic excellence by providing innovative learning environments, incorporating relevant industry experience and promoting opportunities for personal growth and student success.
- In addition to academic programs, the AISD has award-winning athletics and fine arts programs and an array of extracurricular opportunities for their students. In 2018, the Arlington ISD’s fine arts program was named one of the Best Communities for Music Education for the 14th time in recent history.
- The Mansfield Independent School District was named one of America’s Best-in-State Employers in 2019 by Forbes. The mission of Mansfield ISD is to inspire and educate students to be productive citizens.
- The district offers students the tools needed to excel in life before and after graduation. The Mansfield Independent School District is a destination district that serves more than 35,200 students. The District encompasses more than 94 square miles, serving students in the city of Mansfield and sections of Arlington, Grand Prairie, Burleson, Fort Worth, Venus, Alvarado, and Kennedale. Mansfield ISD earned an “A” in the Texas Education Agency’s (TEA) new accountability rating system for 2018. The rating is based on performance in student achievement, school progress, and closing gaps. MISD students have also consistently outperformed state and regional averages in the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) exams. MISD has 23 elementary schools, six intermediate schools, six middle schools, one STEM academy, five traditional high schools, one high school for only upperclassmen, one career and technology academy, an alternative education center and one early college high school. The district also has award-winning fine arts and athletic programs, along with various extracurricular activities to keep students engaged in the educational process.
With more than 120 programs designed to prepare students to transfer to a four-year university or to enter the workforce with the appropriate credentials, Tarrant County College puts success within reach for more than 100,000 students every year. Most students’ college wish lists include a world-class institution with flexible schedules, a convenient location, affordable tuition, and diverse programs. Some colleges offer a few of these, but TCC delivers them all. TCC has six locations, conveniently located in Fort Worth, Hurst, and Arlington. Whether students are seeking college credit courses or continuing education, class is always in session with TCC’s online learning program and Weekend College, available through the TCC Connect Campus. TCC is regionally accredited, which means core curriculum credits transfer easily to most four-year colleges. TCC is one of the 20 largest higher-education institutions in the nation, yet maintains a small student-to-teacher ratio. Students have access to award-winning faculty and programs, consistently recognized among the best in the nation, as well as numerous extracurricular clubs and associations from which to choose. Since 1965, TCC has been committed to offering affordable and open access to quality teaching and learning.
- The University of Texas at Arlington is a growing research powerhouse committed to life-enhancing discovery, innovative instruction, and community engagement. An educational leader in the heart of the thriving North Texas region, UTA nurtures minds within an environment that values excellence, ingenuity, and diversity. Guided by world-class faculty members, the University’s more than 58,000 students represent 120 countries and pursue more than 180 bachelor, masters, and doctoral degrees in a broad range of disciplines. UTA is dedicated to producing the life-long learners and critical thinkers our region and nation demand. About 126,000 of the University’s 210,000 alumni live in North Texas and contribute to an annual economic impact of $12.8 billion in the region. Students and faculty work at some of the most advanced learning environments in Texas, including the cleanroom in UTA’s nanofab lab, the kilns in their glass-blowing studios, the neonatal intensive care unit in their Smart Hospital, and the advanced materials and structures lab in the College of Engineering. New, state-of-the-art facilities like the Science & Engineering Innovation & Research building are emerging as the University adds more programs and increases its national and international impact. At The University of Texas at Arlington’s College of Business, the defining principle is to look beyond the conventional to make great things possible. It’s an attitude that connects us all—faculty, students, and alumni. The College of Business enriches both imagination and insight in the heart of one of the nation’s most vital economic centers. UTA is one of the largest colleges of business in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, enrolling about 6,000 students. With large enrollment comes a large alumni base, and the majority of our alumni live and work in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The College of Business offers one of the widest selections of undergraduate and graduate degree programs at an exceptional value. Graduates enter the workforce as enlightened practitioners, prepared to succeed by applying their knowledge and technical ability with interpersonal skills, a commitment to ethical practice, and a global perspective.
- TCU Neeley Executive Education delivers the latest research, ideas, and programs to help professionals think differently, embrace and manage growth, and learn with agility. As part of the TCU Neeley School of Business, TCU Neeley Executive Education creates immersive learning experiences. They offer open enrollment certificate programs and custom program opportunities where business professionals are able to expand their business perspectives and improve their ability to lead adaptively and think creatively to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow. Part of a world-class, value-centered school driven by leadership and innovation, their Executive Education programs are taught and instructed by graduate program faculty ranked No. 1 in the world.
- Since 1939, the Arlington Baptist University operates on a mission to prepare men and women for Christian life and ministries, both lay and professional, through studies in the Bible, general education, church vocations, business, and practical service. The Arlington Baptist University integrates faith and learning in the context of a Christian worldview. ABU students can expect to achieve the following: biblical competence, spiritual growth, Evangelistic application, academic excellence, and personal development.
The healthcare industry in Arlington utilizes the region’s skilled workforce and cutting edge technology. From state-of-the-art surgical care to mental health resources, Arlington has excellent professional facilities dedicated to improving the health of its residents. Individuals and businesses in the community benefit from exceptional treatment options and partnerships among healthcare facilities and businesses, such as Medical City Arlington and the Texas Rangers. The healthcare industry contributes to the overall economic prosperity and quality of life of greater Arlington.
- Health Arlington Memorial Hospital is a 369-bed, acute-care, full-service medical center with more than 550 physicians on the medical staff, 1,700 employees, and more than 250 volunteers. Texas Health Arlington Memorial is a part of Texas Health Resources, one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit healthcare delivery systems in the United States. Committed to providing quality cardiac care, the heart hospital earned Heart Failure Accreditation in February 2012 from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Also in 2012, both Texas Health Arlington Memorial and their Vascular Hospital became the first accredited IV Chest Pain Centers in Arlington. Texas Health Arlington Memorial also became one of the first hospitals in the world to be named an Acute Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, now known as the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Texas Health Arlington Memorial is a leading force in comprehensive neuroscience care in the North Texas region, with cutting-edge minimally invasive and conventional surgical techniques. Recognized as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, the hospital also provides women’s services, orthopedics, an advanced imaging center, and emergency services. Educational opportunities established by Texas Health Arlington Memorial include CPR training, nutrition, and maternity and childcare classes, along with other community service programs.
Methodist Mansfield Medical Care is one of the region’s most advanced community hospitals. Methodist Mansfield was rated an “A” for hospital safety from the Leapfrog Group, which ranks hospitals on safety, clinical outcomes and resource use. The hospital is also a “pathway to excellence” facility, received accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, and is an accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center. The hospital’s employees and medical staff are consistently honored with awards for exceeding patients’ expectations. In addition, Methodist Mansfield was designated Certified Quality Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, and all of the hospital’s imaging services are certified by the American College of Radiology. Methodist Mansfield has also been voted the “Best Hospital and Best Emergency Department” in Arlington by Living Magazine. Methodist Mansfield recently expanded the women’s pavilion, equipping the facility to care for more babies and mothers. Methodist Mansfield physicians and nurses are highly trained for special deliveries at our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) while providing all expectant families our personalized care, education and support from our prenatal planning through childbirth and early parenthood.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Arlington is an 85-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital offering comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Encompass Health provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly-skilled, independent private practice physicians, therapists, nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology. Encompass Health ensures that all patients have access to the highest quality of care. Designed with patients’ care in mind, In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics, cardiac and respiratory, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Arlington has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injury and neurological conditions.
Medical City Arlington is a 382-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians, and other healthcare personnel that make up their team. Medical City Arlington is a leader in Dallas/Fort Worth health care with nearly 600 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Medical City Arlington is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service. Medical City Arlington credits its success to its unique culture based on support, communication, and patient care.
As the official Hospital of the Texas Rangers, MCA offers all athletes and residents excellent clinical care through its Sports Medicine Program and Emergency Department. Medical City Arlington is the only designated trauma hospital in Arlington (Level III), and over 70,000 people choose MCA for their emergency needs each year. Medical City Arlington received an “A” Hospital Safety Score for the third consecutive time, the highest possible, from Leapfrog Group, an Independent national non-profit run by employers and other large purchasers of health benefits.
Medical City Arlington boasts one of the most comprehensive women’s service programs in the area. Over 4,000 deliveries take place each year at MCA’s state-of-the-art women’s tower. MCA’s heart and vascular specialists use the latest cutting-edge technology to diagnose and treat the most complex disease of the heart and vascular systems. MCA is also a Level III Chest Pain Center.
- Tarrant County Kindred Hospital, one of the 101 nationwide long-term-care Kindred Hospitals, specializes in long-term acute care for patients with complex medical needs. The 80-bed facility is licensed as a specialty hospital for patients who need longer periods of care than provided for in traditional facilities. Services include ventilator wearing, pre and post-operative complex wound care, medically complex failure management, and inpatient and outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation. Acute rehabilitation services are available for post-CVA, brain injury, amputation, vascular disease, pre- and post-renal and liver transplant, speech and language disorders, dialysis, total prenatal nutrition, and antibiotic management. Care for patients is provided through a team of physicians, nurses, rehabilitation, and respiratory therapists and other support staff. Patients and families give Kindred Hospital high praise, with 91 percent saying they’re highly likely to recommend the hospital to others.
- Millwood Hospital is a 122-bed facility that provides inpatient and outpatient mental health and chemical dependency care. In operation since 1971, Millwood’s goal is “to help individuals address mental health and chemical dependency problems successfully by offering specialized care” Millwood has a “Rapid Assessment” process that allows patients to get the help they need in minutes instead of days or weeks. Their no-charge assessments with a qualified mental health professional are provided to individuals of all ages, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. Millwood helps people of all ages, from children to senior citizens. Millwood’s services include aftercare, chemical dependency crisis stabilization, detox, dissociative disorders, dual diagnosis, faith-based care, inpatient hospitalization, intensive outpatient, medication management, mental health, outpatient referral, and partial day hospitalization.
- Performing a broad range of surgical procedures, Baylor Surgicare at Arlington opened in 2000 as an outpatient ambulatory surgery center. Outpatient procedures are performed in a variety of different specialties, including general surgery, gynecology, orthopedics, pain management, and plastic and podiatry surgery. Over 3,000 surgical procedures are performed every year by the physicians on the medical staff. Baylor Surgicare is committed to excellence in clinical care with an emphasis on patient comfort. Baylor Surgicare offers patients the advantage of easy access, various payment options, and efficient personalized care. Patients recommend the facility to their family and friends because of the personal attention, excellent service, and outstanding care they received from their qualified staff.
- Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health systems in the United States. The mission of Texas Health is a simple one: “to improve the health of people in the communities we serve.” With this goal in mind, Texas Health provided $684,743,929 in charity care in a single year. The Community and Engagement and Advocacy department helps the community through philanthropy, faith and spiritual integration, and government affairs and advocacy, and maintains relationships with business and community stakeholders with similar missions and values.
- Texas Health Resources and Methodist Health System, in partnership with Nashville–based Center Healthcare, built the 40-bed, freestanding inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Arlington. Strategically located between Texas Health Arlington Memorial and Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, the facility employs approximately 150 people and offers high-quality compassionate care to the community. Patients suffering from strokes, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries, and other conditions are cared for at the hospital. The facility allows both Texas Health and Methodist to significantly expand their current services, both in capacity and capability, enhancing the scope of service and patient care for rehab services.
The mission of USMD is to “provide world-class, physician-led health care using innovative technology and compassionate service with an intense focus on exceeding your expectations.” Clinical and surgical excellence is the everyday standard at USMD, and it consistently scores over 90% in patient satisfaction. USMD is paving the way for the future of robot-assisted surgeries. Since opening its doors in 2003, USMD surgeons have performed more than 4,500 robot-assisted surgeries. The advantages of robot-assisted surgeries are numerous for the patients of USMD, allowing them to have the least invasive surgeries possible with less discomfort, faster recovery, and fewer complications. Because they are dedicated to innovation, a surgical team at USMD performed the very first da Vinci single-site hysterectomy in North Texas. This FDA approved procedure can be performed in about one hour and usually involves a hospital stay of fewer than 24 hours. USMD is equipped for a wide variety of cases including spine, colorectal, general surgery, orthopedic, plastic, pain management, urology, gynecology, and podiatry.
- Baylor Scott & White Orthopedic and Spine Hospital’s continual focus on excellence has allowed the hospital to receive yet another award of national recognition. BS&W Arlington is proud to announce that it has earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of approval for its spine care programs, becoming the only hospital in DFW and one of two hospitals in the state of Texas to have earned this prestigious certification of excellence in quality and outcomes. BS&W Arlington specialized in providing advanced comprehensive treatment for general, orthopedics, joint replacement, sports medicine, pain management, and spine care. Other services include diagnostic imaging and a 24-hour emergency department.