Back-to-School season can make August one of the most dreaded, and most exciting months of the year. While children stress over new teachers and classmates, parents start getting excited about the chance to finally have some much deserved TLC during the school day. These small August holidays can make the month more exciting for everyone! Check out some of our favorite ways to celebrate this August with local businesses.
August 1st: National Campfire Day
- TreeTops RV Resort: Gather around the campfire with family and friends this National Campfire Day at TreeTops RV Resort. Even without an RV, TreeTops is the perfect place to celebrate with state-of-art rental cabins that feature an array of amenities.
August 1st: National Girlfriend Day
- E. Cannon Floral & Greenhouses: Don’t let National Girlfriend Day pass without getting your girlfriend some beautiful flowers! H.E. Cannon is your perfect one-stop shop for all of your floral needs.
August 2nd: National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
- Rita’s Italian Ice: Rita’s is an excellent place to celebrate one of the best holidays on the list, National Ice Cream Sandwich Day. Stop by and try any of their numerous unique and delicious flavors.
August 3rd: National Watermelon Day
- Ann’s Natural Grocery and Nutrition: Grab the perfectly ripe watermelon this August 3rd at Ann’s Natural Grocery and Nutrition. While you are there, check out all their other amazing offerings.
August 4th: National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day
- Insomnia Cookies: Don’t settle for just any chocolate chip cookie this August 4th, stop by Insomnia Cookies for a wonderful, warm, and gooey cookie. Even grab a pint of ice cream to enjoy it with.
August 4th: International Beer Day
- Walk-Ons Sports Bistreaux: International Beer Day is a fan favorite for sure, and so is Walk-Ons Sports Bistreaux. There’s even a Rangers Game that day, so stop by and grab a delicious brew to cheer on our Texas Rangers against the Miami Marlins.
August 6th: National Fresh Breath Day
- Hank Jacobs D.D.S.: No one likes bad breath! This National Fresh Breath Day keep your dental health in check with Hank Jacobs D.D.S.. With a wide variety of services here in Arlington they are the perfect stop to keep your breath minty and fresh.
August 9th: Book Lovers Day
- Pantego Books: Several members of the Greater Arlington Chamber of Commerce team are huge book lovers, and Pantego Books always comes highly recommended. Check out a new genre or author this Book Lovers Day!
August 9th: International Coworking Day
- Union Worx: Union Worx in Arlington is the perfect place to celebrate International Coworking Day. Enjoy their inspiring environment and meet people of all different backgrounds.
August 10th: Spoil your Dog Day
- Camp Bow-Wow Fort Worth East: Dogs are mans best friend, and deserve to be treated like it! Treat your dog this Spoil Your Dog Day at Camp Bow-Wow Fort Worth East. With a variety of services it’s a great spot to take your pooch.
August 12th: National Bowling Day
- International Bowling Museum & Hall of Fame: Arlington is the easiest place to celebrate National Bowling Day. The International Bowling Museum & Hall of Fame is here! Enjoy a day looking at decades of bowling history on August 12th.
August 14th: National Financial Awareness Day
- There are so many amazing banks and financial institutions in Arlington we couldn’t just choose one. Stay tuned for a more in depth blog on Financial Awareness Day!
August 15th: National Relaxation Day
- The Office Wellness Spa: Whenever you think of relaxation, you must think of the spa. The Office Wellness Spa is a great place to relax and get any treatment you could think on August 15th.
August 16th: National Rollercoaster Day
- Six Flags Over Texas: There is no better place to spend National Rollercoaster Day than at Six Flags Over Texas. From the Titan to the Texas Giant, some of America’s best rollercoasters are located right here in Arlington.
August 16th: National Rum Day
- One Love Caribbean Restaurant & Lounge: One Love Caribbean Restaurant & Lounge has plenty of delicious rum based cocktails that will have you enjoying National Rum Day in no time!
August 18th: National Fajita Day
- Mariano’s Hacienda Ranch: World famous margaritas and fajitas? Sign us up! Mariano’s is the best place to celebrate this National Fajita Day. Grilled with custom-designed log fired grills, their fajitas are to die for.
August 19th: World Photography Day
- World Photography Day is a special one in a city like Arlington! Read our blog here to get the full low down on all your photography needs from glam, to a new wardrobe.
August 19th: National Potato Day
- Gilligan’s Bar & Grill: Let’s face it, potatoes are the most versatile vegetable. Enjoy a potato cooked anyway you could think of at J. Gilligan’s Bar & Grill. From Irish Nachos, to French fries, they have it all!
August 20th: National Lemonade Day
- Chick-Fil-A on North Collins: Chick-Fil-A serves up an iconic lemonade. Don’t forget to swing through the drive-thru this National Lemonade Day and grab a diet or regular lemonade at the Chick-Fil-A on North Collins.
August will be no shortage of fun with these amazing small businesses! For a full list of holidays and observances in August click here. For a full list of members of the Greater Arlington Chamber of Commerce, click here.
Written by Catherine Cunningham