- This event has passed.
Downtown Arlington Walking & Ghost Tour with the Young Professionals
October 27, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Take a stroll to discover the culture, history, and creativity embedded in Downtown Arlington! Join the Young Professionals as we discover the many facets of Downtown’s identity and story. This tour gives you the perfect chance to find thoughtful holiday gifts for the family, get to know the best places to take clients for out of the office meetings, and connect with your fellow young professionals. Need a new headshot or profile picture? Come photo-ready, as many of the mural stops on the tour make the perfect backdrop for your next picture!
Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water. This tour will also take place whether rain or shine so please dress accordingly.
Walking Tour Itinerary:
- Start at the Arlington Music Hall to talk about Fred the ghost and check out the Arlington postcard mural and the Howdy mural.
- Head down Center St to the train tracks and gather on the abandoned depot ramp to talk about the gunfight that left 2 men and a horse dead at that very spot.
- Keep heading down Center St and turn on W Main to look at the Arlington Museum of Art’s cowgirl mural, where we can chat about the findings of the 2021 ghost hunters who came through, calling it a “Ghost Highway”
- Cut through the City Center Plaza and talk about the Old Mineral Well, and the stories about North Texas Agricultural College students drinking from the Well and the… adverse effects. It’ll also be a great chance to talk about the development of the new well and check out the mirror sculpture.
- Walk back up Center St. and happy hour at Tipsy Oak for a hauntingly good time.