- This event has passed.
Young Professionals: Walking Tour of Downtown
November 7, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Take a stroll to discover the culture, history, and creativity embedded in Downtown Arlington! Join the Young Professionals Advisory Council from 1:00pm-5:00pm as we discover the many facets of Downtown’s identity and story. This tour gives you the perfect chance to find thoughtful holiday gifts for the family, get to know the best places to take clients for out of the office meetings, and connect with your fellow young professionals. Need a new headshot or profile picture? Come photo-ready, as many of the mural stops on the tour make the perfect backdrop for your next picture!
Masks & social distancing will be enforced. Please be sure to bring your own mask.
Here’s the tour:
- Meet up outside of the Arlington Music Hall as we learn about the first re-development project that kicked off the revitalization efforts of Downtown Arlington. We’ll check out the Historic Arlington Mural, and the Legendz BarberShop mural.
- Our next stop is Inclusion Coffee for fuel. We’ll continue to the Levitt Pavilion, where we share the story of the massive community effort to bring the Levitt to Arlington. This effort was named the Best Real Estate Deal of the Year by Dallas Business Journal, and today, the Levitt Pavilion brings in over 100,000 visitors annually to Downtown.
- From the Levitt, we’ll take a walk down W. Abram to the Dream Sculpture.
- From the Dream Sculpture, we’ll walk up W. Main, stop by Create Arlington, a new creative co-working space, Collected Treasures and the Man’s Shop, and then walk down Main St to Front St. to visit Knapp Heritage Park.
- We’ll continue down Front Street from Knapp Heritage Park. We’ll stop by Wondrous Works of Wood, then the Welcome to Front St Mural, the Soundwave Mural, and visit Catalyst Creative’s Art Market. If you missed getting coffee at Inclusion, you can stop by the Salter Bros for more! We’ll move into Urban Union, visit the Climb Mural, and check out LoneStar Axe Throwing.
- We’ll wrap the tour by walking down Front St, stopping by Wildfire and Lace Boutique, and then end with an early dinner at J. Gilligan’s.