The Tarrant County Small Business Assistance Grant Program is now accepting applications for its second round of funding. Applications close Tuesday, November 10. The program was created to assist Small Businesses within Tarrant County that have been adversely affected by the current COVID19 public health emergency. The dollar amount of individual grants will be determined by the financial information provided, the number of eligible grant applications received and the funding pool available, with no individual grant being more than $10,000. CLICK HERE to apply for the grant.
Of the $30 million allocated CARES Act funding, the County has disbursed over $17.6 million. 2,196 businesses have already received valuable funding, including 802 Arlington businesses. Of the grants awarded, 1,435 grants went to minority, women and veteran-owned businesses.
Grant funding is limited to businesses who meet certain criteria, including:
- A small business with 25 or fewer employees
- Located within Tarrant County, outside the City of Fort Worth
- A for-profit business open and operating in Tarrant County as of January 1, 2020
- Business was closed or partially closed due to COVID-19
- Business shows a reduction in revenue or an increased loss from COVID-19
- Applications limited to one (1) business per owner(s)
For the Second Round of funding, independently owned and operated (non-franchisor owned) franchise businesses have now been included as an eligible business.
- Types of Allowable Expenses for Grant Funding Consideration
- Payroll costs for employees
- Contract labor
- Supplier payments
- Rent, lease, or mortgage payment (excluding escrow for property taxes) for real
property used for business purposes (i.e. storefront or warehouse, excluding
- Rent, lease, or purchase payment for business property (e.g., delivery vehicle; food
truck; kitchen equipment; technology, payment, and communications systems and
- New or expanded technology applications and Wi-Fi services
- Utility payments for business properties (excluding personal residence)
- Cost of critical business operations (raw materials, inventory spoilage, etc.
- PPE and sanitation supplies and equipment
- Interest on other business debt obligations incurred before January 1, 2020
(excluding personal residence)
- Other reimbursable costs of business interruption contemplated by the CARES
Businesses/Owners receiving a previous Tarrant County Small Business Assistance grant award will NOT be eligible for another grant award in the second round. Owners with more than one business who received grant funding for a business in the first round will NOT be eligible to receive grant funds for a different business in the second round.
Make sure to fully review the grant information and requirements, listing of ineligible business entities, types of allowable expenses and documentation required information before proceeding with completion of the grant application.
CLICK HERE to apply for the grant.